Are you troubled with rough and weak hair? Or sick of hair fall? Only cribbing will not help. We recommend you try natural home remedies instead of chemical-laden products. We are providing 5 amazing herbs that promote hair health and prevent its loss. However, do not forget a healthy diet and adequate sleep along with them.
Hibiscus promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss. Hibiscus leaves and flowers are commonly used for hair as they are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and alpha-hydroxy acids.
- Take a few fresh hibiscus leaves and make a paste by grinding them. Now, add 4 tablespoons of curd to it. Apply this paste on your scalp and hair and allow it to rest for an hour. Wash it with a gentle shampoo.
- Make a paste using 8 hibiscus flowers and some water. Apply it only on the scalp and leave it on for 1 hour before washing it with water. Its effect is the same as deep conditioning.
2. Aloe vera
The innermost layer of the leaf of this plant has a gel-like substance that has 99% water. Benefits of Aloe vera gel for hair are due to cooling, soothing, and hydrating properties. It is also rich in vitamins A, C, and E that promotes healthy cell growth and cell turnover, resulting in shiny and healthy hair. Furthermore, vitamin B12 and folic acid in the gel prevents hair fall.
- Mix two tablespoons each of Aloe vera gel and honey with a tablespoon of yogurt. Apply this mask from roots to tips and massage for 10-15 minutes. Allow it to rest for half an hour before rinsing it with plain water or a mild shampoo.
- Mix two tablespoons of castor oil to a cup of Aloe vera gel. Apply it evenly on the scalp and hair strands. Let it sit for 2 hours and rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric prevent dandruff and other scalp infections. Turmeric also heals the scalp and prevents a dry and itchy scalp. A healthier scalp will promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Mix equal quantity of turmeric with olive oil and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse it with a mild shampoo.
Phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals present in amla promote blood circulation of the scalp, promoting healthy hair growth. Amla is rich in vitamin C that promotes both the thickness and volume of your hair. Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial property prevents dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Add 1 tablespoon of amla powder to 3-4 tablespoon of lemon juice. Massage this paste gently on your tips and hair. Leave it for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with a mild shampoo.
- Add amla powder to coconut oil and heat the mixture on a pan. Allow it cool down and apply it throughout the length of your hair. Leave it overnight and wash in the morning with warm water.
Antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties of fenugreek promote a healthier scalp and thus healthier hair. It also prevents hair fall.
- Grind ½ cup of soaked fenugreek seeds with lemon juice, ½ cup of yogurt to make a thick paste. Apply this paste to your hair and wash it after 45 minutes with a mild shampoo.
- Soak a handful of fenugreek seeds overnight. Apply the slimy water used to soak the seeds on your hair and scalp. Wash your hair normally after 20-30 minutes.
Now that you know amazing home remedies for healthier hair, give them a try. Moreover, do not forget to have a healthy diet, exercise daily, drink adequate water, and sleep adequately.